Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Ailsa and Zoe's Birthday Party

On Sunday we finally had Zoe's 7th birthday party.  Zoe's birthday was in February and we planned the party two other times but both times Zoe ended up in hospital.  So this was party take three for Zoe and a joint party for Ailsa whose birthday is in May.  Zoe is such an easy going child that she was fine with sharing her party with Ailsa.  Ailsa was very excited to have a joint party with Zoe.  We are so lucky to have so many caring people in our lives who are there to celebrate and understand when the celebration has to be delayed!

A Very Special Gift

We were extremely touched that Erin, Jaxsen, Gill and Skip (Shelby's family) came to the party.  There were a few tears all around, but I think it was really good for all of us to be able to celebrate Zoe's birthday while remembering Shelby.  I really admire Erin for staying involved with the 1p36 group.  I can not honestly say if I would be so strong if I lost Zoe.

Erin and Zoe having a snuggle.

Gill and Skip (Shelby's grandparents) gave Zoe a very special gift- Shelby died on Christmas Eve and therefore she was never able to open her presents that Christmas.  Gill and Skip had made a build-a-bear for Shelby.  The bear is all dressed for Christmas, plays "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" and even has a wig with pigtails perfect for pulling on!  The Bear's name is "Believe."  We have many things that remind us of Shelby- lots of her equipment and clothing that Zoe uses.  But this is a very special gift that Zoe will always have to remember her friend Shelby.  I am very touched by the gesture and I admire Gill and Skip's strength in letting go and moving on.

Zoe with Shelby's bear.  The ever present Lyn in the background.  The girls came up with the invite list and Lyn was the first one on the list.  Which was good since we had the party at Lyn's!

Ailsa also got a special gift from Shelby- handmade PJs from the specialty shop at the hospital.  Erin had gotten them for Shelby for Christmas.  Ailsa will wear them, pass them on to Zoe who will probably fit them in about 5 years and then we can keep them as a special gift from Shelby.

Thank You Everyone!

I did not expect the girls to get many gifts- I always tell people to not feel that they need to bring anything.  I did ask for clothing this year since the girls are out of clothes the next size (I did not know that Erin was bringing me two huge bags full of clothes!).  The girls did get clothes and they also got completely spoiled!  Thank you everyone for the wonderful books, toys, bubbles, etc.  As I said, we are so lucky to have you all as part of our lives.


 We had the party in Lyn's party room (per Zoe's request).  The pool table in the room was a big hit.

 Grandad with Zoe.

 Alison and Ailsa.


 Blowing out the candles.

Thank you Grandma Jean for the photos!  We missed you Grandpa Ken!


4 comments:

Jenny said...

It has been forever since I have read blogs and I loved catching up on your families although I feel so sad for all the added medical troubles with your husband and Alisa on top of Zoe's. I seriously think you are an amazing woman, mother, wife, care giver and friend. I loved seeing your vacation and am so happy that it went well for all of you. What a blessing.!!! Sounds like the best ship ever. Your girls are beautiful and it is so crazy how much they have grown in just a year. I am so happy that Zoe is doing better. She is one tough cookie. Hang in there all of you and I'm so great full that you have so much help from family and caregivers. You truly are an amazing family. :)

Genevieve Ross said...

Thank you Jenny for your comment. I put a comment on your blog about your current post. You are always so positive and encouraging. Thank you!

Genevieve

zerry ht said...

Oh! It is such a nice blog. I loved reading it! God bless these kids! And happy birthday Zoe and Ailsa. Even my niece likes dolls a lot. I gifted her a huge doll last year on her birthday. It was a great day, we celebrated her birthday in one of the NYC venues and all the relatives and friends were together.

خدمات منزلية said...

شركة انشاء مسابح