Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Two Quotes from the Day

After spending the last two nights at the hospital with Zoe, I came home today to spend some time with Ailsa.  We had a great time hanging out, taking a bath, playing, etc.  My two favourite quotes from today are:

I had bought an ice cream cake for Ailsa and me.  Ailsa kept thinking it must be someones birthday but I explained I got it just because I knew she would like it.  She asked if there was enough cake for daddy and Zoe and I assured her that if we ate all the cake, we could always get more when Zoe gets home or even make her a cake.  While talking on Face Time with Zoe, Ailsa said to her, "Zoe, we are going to make you a cake." Then she put her finger to her lips and made a shushing noise while saying, "But it's a secret!"

Ailsa and I were playing with her new magnetic mermaid and ballerina dolls/ figures just before bed.  I suggested we get the mermaid and the ballerina ready for bed.  Ailsa was in charge of dressing the mermaid who had all sorts pretty and form fitting outfits.  She said, "Oh, good idea mom.  Let's pick out some compy (Ailsa still says a p sound instead of an f so comfy sounds like, comp-py) cozy clothes for them."  After searching through the clothes, Ailsa said, "I don't think this mermaid has any compy clothes, they are all kind of tight.  Why wouldn't they give her any compy cozy clothes?"

No comments: