Tuesday, May 18, 2010

"Daddy's a girl"

I recently shaved my beard for the first time in five years (I think I'll grow it back) and Zoe's reaction was quite funny. Zoe really touching loves faces and particularily men with short beards (like mine). She loves them so much that all her male preschool teachers have stopped shaving on days when she is going to be in, making for a very scruffy daycare staff. Anyway, the first time Zoe saw me after I shaved my beard she felt my face and then signed "Daddy" and "girl" over and over again while laughing her head off. So I guess it's very funny that Daddy is a girl!

More sign language news- Zoe has come up with a sign for Alison, one of her main teachers at preschool. She signs "girl" and then smiles- she will frequently talk about her at night after school or when we tell her she is going to school the next day. Alison is thrilled- though Anthony (her other main teacher) is a bit jealous and is working very hard with Zoe to say "boy" for Anthony. We tell him to be patient- the male signs on the top half of the face are harder for Zoe to say then the female signs on the bottom half of the face. Even though this is true I'm not sure it makes him feel better. Oh well, he's at least got the scruffy beard going for him!

1 comment:

Bri said...

What sweet moments! We just found out our daughter has 1p36 yesterday and I've been feeling pretty lost! Reading all this information about your daughters have given me so much help! I would love to ask you a few question if you have time! my email is bristudebaker@gmail.com and my name is Brianne. Thank you for writing this blog! You have no idea how lost I felt! You two are such amazing parents!