Friday, February 19, 2010

A Lovely Afternoon

Zoe Back at School and Eating Well

Zoe returned to preschool for full days yesterday and today. I picked her up early because I knew she would be tired. Because she wasn't over tired, she did great with the car ride home. No screaming! We then had a lovely dinner. At first I thought, "I will just give Zoe jar food and cheese, she is probably too tired to eat anyway and Gavin is working." Then I decided to make us a nice meal and Zoe did great. We sat together, shared food, and Zoe did such a great job at using her signs to ask for more or indicate she was all done with something. It was one of those moments when I remembered why we all work so hard to have Zoe eat orally. She just loves food (when she is feeling well). She ate 1/4 of a cheeseburger, a few tablespoons of sweet potatoes, a few bites of cheese, AND an entire 7.5 oz jar of baby food. Followed by some prunes for dessert! The whole time Zoe was laughing, smiling, and signing. She also makes the funniest "mmmmm na mmmmna" noises when she is enjoying her food. It was so nice to have a relaxing afternoon where I could just play with my daughter, share a meal, and then put her to bed.

Now, maybe she will stay asleep and I can have a few hours to myself. This will be the first time in weeks...months maybe? that I have had a chance to relax by myself. So why am I typing here....I've got TV to watch and wine to drink :) Wow, that is an exciting Friday night!

4 comments:

Heather said...

So happy to her Zoe is doing better Genevive! Give her a hug from us!

sherry said...

I love your post...thanks for sharing. I'm glad to see that Zoey is her normal happy self and that you got to a chance to relax. Hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend!

God bless,
Sherry Culvahouse (mom to Kaylee 18mo/1p36 & Allison 5 yrs)

Karen said...

So happy to hear that Zoe is feeling better. Hopefully you got some of that well over due time alone and some good sleep. Give Zoe a hug from us.

Nate said...

What a terrific turn around! Glad things are looking up for you guys!