Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Happy Birthday Zoe!!!!!

Alison (Zoe's respite worker) found yet another singing animal that Zoe loves to play over and over and over again!



Ailsa showing off the picture Zoe made her.



Play is serious business for both girls! It is great to see them playing side by side again.



Medically the Same


Medically things are pretty much the same. Zoe still requires a lot of oxygen. A lot of the puffiness in Zoe's skin has gone down but she still has too much fluid in her chest. She continues to have fevers and she is complaining of chest pain consistently now. Her communication cards come in handy for assessing her pain level.


However, mood wise Zoe is doing leaps better. She is smiling, laughing, playing, eating and signing. She tires easily but this is no surprise. The staff are amazed at what a great mood she is in considering how she is doing medically. Several people have commented what a fighter Zoe is and what a pleasant personality she has.



I am headed to the hospital shortly to celebrate a very important day with my girl- Zoe's 5th Birthday!!!!!!! I have dresses picked out for the girls to wear, the hospital is getting her a cake and some gifts, and I asked a very dear friend to be in charge of decorations because I just don't have the energy.



So I think it is going to be another great day with my beautiful girl.

2 comments:

Teri said...

Wow... just getting caught up with all of this. I'm so sorry it's been such a rough year so far. I think of you all the time and am hoping that today finds Zoe doing much better! Hang in there.

Jason Nolan said...

Happy Birthday Zoe!