Sunday, October 26, 2014

Zoe Doing Well

I always struggle with titles for these dramatic postings.  Zoe is better than a few days ago, so she is definitely better.  But we always hold our breath a little at this stage.  As the doctor said to me on Friday- "Zoe's progress is promising but her lungs are not quite out of the woods yet."

Zoe was able to move back to a regular floor which is great, awesome, amazing, comforting.  She continues to spike fevers and is anaemic but this is not surprising given the virus underlying all of this and the treatments she had.  So she will be in hospital a few days yet.  Also not surprising.

What else to say at 5am when I should be sleeping?

Ailsa has come down with Zoe's cold and I suspect she may be brewing an ear infection.  Despite that, she is in a good mood most of the time.  And we are sleeping over at Angela's house.  It was great to see the girls playing together yesterday.  Ailsa and I stopped at Grandad's on the way home from ballet Friday evening.  So Ailsa has had a lot of time to just be a kid this weekend which is exactly what she needs.  Ailsa talks about Zoe fairly constantly and says, "I still feel really sad that Zoe is in the hospital."  Yep, me too kiddo.

No comments: